Saturday 12 March 2016

In Hongkong Park again ...

When I was in Hongkong this week, I visited the birds of the aviary in Hongkong Park again - it is a peaceful, green area in the bustling city, full of birds' twitter and flutter, bustling in their own way. I brought my new Nikkor 200 to 500 mm telezoom lens to test in these controlled, predictable surroundings, rather dark with green foliage but with mostly stationary birds.



Detail of the Maroon-breasted Crowned Pidgeon (Goura sheepmakeri)



I saw the Bali Mynah couple again...
 


 .... still squabbling....


"Not too close, please!"






Bali Mynah (Leucopsar rothschildi)






Crested Pidgeon (Ocyphaps lophotes)






White-necked Mynah (Streptocitta albicollis)



The shy and tiny Silver-eared Mesia (Leiothrix argentauris)






Longtailed Broadbill (Psarisomus dalhousiae)




Black-capped Lory (Lorius lory


I like the lens a lot, it is ultrasharp and easy to handle without tripod, even with slow shutter speeds. The only significant drawback compared with the classical Nikkor F4.0 200 - 400 mm wildlife telezoom is the much slower autofocus which makes it nearly impossible to follow a bird in flight.  For the next safari, it seems that I have to bring both lenses.   


Java sparrows (Padda oryzivora)
"holding hands"




No comments:

Post a Comment