Monday 26 September 2016

... more Wanderlust




Just when I was beginning to feel a trifle parochial with all these inner-German and former-German inward-looking travels, relief came from my ever supportive family:

First, my youngest son asked for help with moving to his dorm room in London  - isn't he the nice guy to ask his mother to carry his suitcases? But he knows I would "sell my grandmother for travel" as my own mother not so delicately put it a long time ago. And - he argued - an extra flight ticket for me would be cheaper than the additional fees for excess luggage. I'm not so sure about that but nevertheless relented. 
He can carry his suitcases, I will give emotional support and carry my own photographer's gear ...

Second, my daughter in Sydney has a "reading week" end of September. She has a group work assignment due at the end of that week but was confident to be able to put her fellow students under enough steam to be finished long before the deadline ... Time to explore Melbourne and go on a coastal drive on the Great Ocean Road! From the lack of communication during her first weeks in Sydney, we are sure she is not lonely ... but she would be happy if I could join her! ... and pay for the airfare, hotels and drive the car ... -  Who am I to resist?

And third: my husband! He became a bit jealous and felt neglected. He had a conference in Paris in September and asked me to join him and squeeze in a few days in Paris between London and Sydney.   Lucky me: my husband, after knowing me for nearly forty years and being married for 28, recently seems to have a Photoshop liquify/distort-filtered view of my charms built into his eyes ... no need to correct his vision - I am happy to use the extra time in Paris for some street photography and extended strolls along the Seine! 

So there is plenty of stuff for the next weeks to fill this blog :) and bear with me, if I am a little sluggish with processing the terabytes of pictures coming out of these stints ...

In a preview - or as an appetizer -  I have produced a new "Me Myself I" thing: 



"Versatile Mum"


Have a safe trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment