Tuesday 10 March 2015

Never delete a picture before you have seen it on a large screen

I usually don't delete any pictures before I have seen them on my large computer screen at home. However, on this safari, I had made several pictures where the driver's head in front of me had gotten into the picture, when I was following an animal with my lens, and I deleted those in RAW. The D800 and 810 each have two card slots. I photograph everything in RAW on a fast CF card and save an additional version as small jpeg on a large SD card.  When I went through my safari picture yield after my return home, I found this series of very strange pictures. Fortunately, I had still kept them on the second backup SD card.

I was trying to get a picture of a leaping impala by panning which is not easy with the long heavy lens. A bird flies behind the impala....



getting closer...


What is this bird planning? Trying to hitchhike a ride? Learning how to gallop? Using the back of the impala as a jumping board? Practising some artistic maneuver?


Unfortunately, in between the two pictures, the ranger's head got in. On the next picture, the bird is up in the air and away.


I did get some better panning pictures of a speeding impala, though.



and some funny ones of Impalas in rut, dancing and jumping around each other in playful fun. A great sight!


No comments:

Post a Comment