Friday 8 May 2015

War Horses

In remembrance of Victory and Liberation Day,  there is currently in front of Berlin's Brandenburg Gate an hommage to war horses.


London even has a permanent memorial for all Animals in War:



Here is my horse Chic - this picture reminds me of the photograph, that was used for the ads for the War Horse Musical in London, which plastered the tube walls for months. My horse is not at all "kriegstauglich" - fit for duty -  and he hates being muddy. I took his picture here, when he had slipped in the mud on his paddock  and was covered in dirt all over. He came up to me snorting and angry and very unhappy and stomping with one of his front hooves (which he only does, when he is seriously angry). I could literally here him shout at me demanding: "Look what happened! Quickly get the brush! Get rid of this disgusting mud on me!"


No comments:

Post a Comment